Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been hanging around and mooching tips and tricks off of you guys for a while. I guess it's time I step up to the plate and introduce myself. Nobody likes that creepy guy hanging around right?

Hi, I'm Matt. I'm not much of a woodworker to be honest, but I am pretty good at making sawdust. It's a shame I have no idea what to do with it. I'm great at starting projects, but not so good at finishing them. As far as tools go, I have my Dad's old table saw he got a few decades ago. The bearings are going out so the blade has a little wobble in it, which is extremely inconvenient. I also have his old jointer. No the infeed and outfeed tables aren't co-planer and I can't figure out how to get them co-planer, so I make frequent use of my lunchbox planer to make things flat again. I guess you can't complain when it's free right? Also have a lathe, which I love playing around with. It's small, but loads of fun.

Enough for now. Just wanted to pop in and officially say Hi.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Welcome !!!

Welcome to the forum.

Bearings should be easy to find.
I replaced the bearings on my vintage craftsman a few years ago along with a new blade shaft.

Installed an aftermarket fence and it sings like a bird. :clap:

·
Banned
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've considered replacing the bearings, but it's an old Horror Freight table saw and is probably 20 years old, if not older. I'm considering saving up a few bucks and getting a better one. I'd hate to start replacing parts and wind up rebuilding the whole thing and spending $500 on a saw that doesn't cost that new. It needs some other work too, but for now it'll get me by.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts