Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I snuck in a checked things out, I have liked what I've found. My name is Stew or Radar and I've been working with wood off and on for over 20 years. I own a manual sawmill and am working on cutting the wood for my house. I work on a lathe, tablesaw, general hand tools, etc. I spent several years working as the supervisor of a cabinet and trim shop making and installing European style cabinets. I also spent many years in the commercial and residential construction industry (mostly framing). I'm always learning new things about wood from different people...I guess that's one reason I like this forum; there is a chance to learn from many different people.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Hey Stew,

Good to have you here. Let's get some turning pictures in that gallery:thumbsup: :icon_cheesygrin: :icon_cheesygrin:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Welcome to the site and thanks for the intro. I hope you come to call this place home.

I tried uploading several times and had no luck. Is there a limit on size or something?
There is a 100K file size limit.
What error are you getting?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is the error I get. At first, the images were too big, but after resizing them I still get the error:

Unable to read the format of file: /usr/home/wood/public_html/showcase/data/500/Bowl-Beech-02.jpg

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
It looks like you re trying to upload from a web address? If so that doesn't look like a good address upo front, but I am no computer guy either.
try uploading the images from your computer by clicking browse and them uploading the file.
You may already be doing that like I said i am no MIT computer major.
I always have better luck uploading from my coomputer than my website.

·
Registered
754 Posts
This is the error I get. At first, the images were too big, but after resizing them I still get the error:

Unable to read the format of file: /usr/home/wood/public_html/showcase/data/500/Bowl-Beech-02.jpg

I think I know the problem. I'll try to get in there and fix it today.

Thanks for letting me know :thumbsup:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bois, that is from uploading from my computer. I think that addy is the temporary location the server places the image in until you complete the upload.

Nathan, I'll try again later this evening.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I tried uploading again, now I get a different error.

Error creating thumbnail! Error code: 127

Command:

"/usr/local/bin/mogrify" +profile "*" -size 100x75 -quality 70 -geometry 100x75 -unsharp 10 '/usr/home/wood/public_html/gallery/data/500/thumbs/Bowl-Beech-03a.jpg'

·
Registered
754 Posts
Sorry about the error before. Glad its working for you now!

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Welcome Stew, St. Mary's Georgia here.

Attachments

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Welcome to the party.

Hello! I am new in this forum too!I am a new member in this community. I am happy to be here. Thank you!
Hehe, leave it up to the new guy's first post to bump a 5 1/2 year old introduction thread to post his own [brief] introduction ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts