Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
How experienced at woodworking are you... your profile tells me nothing. What you want to accomplish is rather complicated and a difficult task I would find to be extremely challenging to say the least. So before getting into a detail discussion with you on this project - I need to know more about you - your skill level - and the tools you own.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BernieL said:
How experienced at woodworking are you... your profile tells me nothing. What you want to accomplish is rather complicated and a difficult task I would find to be extremely challenging to say the least. So before getting into a detail discussion with you on this project - I need to know more about you - your skill level - and the tools you own.
Hello Bernie L. I am taking a woodworking class in college. my knowledge about wood working is moderate. I have made a night stand and a drop leaf table. You said this task is difficult and challenging. I love challenges and and I have the patience to do it. In class we have just about every tools we need to make any projects. Eve a CNC.the only thing We don't have is wood steam bending equipment.

Attachments

·
Maker of sawdust
460 Posts
More than likely the set that you pictured is lined with glass. Looks like you have more than enough skill to make something that could cover, dress up a bottle. Might want to try tis route first design the bottle if multi sided mock it up using origami that way you have all the angles in front of you and if you are satisfied with results then you can use the pieces as patterns. A band saw could be your best bet right along with the scroll saw. If size not shape is what is the deciding factor and a lathe is available to you, you could bore out the bulk of it until your liner fit the make a top for it glue the two together and have a nice looking project. Keep us posted.

Jerry

1 - 5 of 5 Posts