Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You guys don't like the router bit sets. However I was looking at 10 separate bits which were going to cost around $150. So for $189 i got the whole set of 66 bits from MLCS.

I've never had a problem with thisbrand so I we t for it.

3 year warranty so if I use certain bits more then others any problems should show up imthat 3 year time frame.

Attachments

·
Registered
722 Posts
I want one. I know people say when you buy a set you buy a bunch of bits you don't need, but I love when that rare occasion arises where you need one of them and you just walk over to the case and get it.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
You guys don't like the router bit sets. However I was looking at 10 separate bits which were going to cost around $150. So for $189 i got the whole set of 66 bits from MLCS.

I've never had a problem with thisbrand so I we t for it.

3 year warranty so if I use certain bits more then others any problems should show up imthat 3 year time frame.

Nothing wrong with this set at all specially with 3 year warranty :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reactions: rrbrown

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I got their 30 piece set and have been pleased. I have rr's box, though. I added a few bits to my set and didn't have a place for them so I found out that MLCS sells the empty 66 bit box separately. I got one and now have all the room I need (for now).

Then I got a trim router and collected some 1/4" bits - but of course they wouldn't fit in the big box because it had 1/2" holes. So I found a place on eBay that sold 1/4" ID, 1/2" OD nylon bushings and put them in the bottom row so my 1/4" bits fit in the case, too.

Bill

·
Banned
6,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a another set of router bits for banding and some silicone glue brushes. Those few things are coming out of a job.

I figured while I was at it I would buy a Triton 3.25 hp router. I got tired of the hard adjusting from under the table.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
You're going to really like that router. I got mine for Dad's Day and now that I've used it a few times the control knob functions, which I thought were kind of stiff out of the box, have loosened up a bit. I hooked up a wye from the table dust collection hose so I could connect to the port on the router base. Its dust collection is so much better than the PC 7518 it replaced. The PC would spew chips all over below the table.

Watch yourself when you take the plunge spring out. It's not super strong but can fly out of there of you aren't careful.

Bill

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Gideon,

That TRA-001 router is generally used for under-table purposes. It comes with some guides, etc., for handheld use but it has the power to spin 3" bits. Mine's under the table and I plan for it to stay there.

Triton makes a couple smaller versions of the same router that would be easier to use for hand-held projects, the JOF-001 (1.5 HP) and the MOF-001 (2.25 HP). They all have similar features and appearance except for physical size, power and price. I don't think the smallest one has any above table features, as table use isn't what it would be intended for. They all have a speed range of 8000-20,000 RPM.

Regarding the MLCS bits: Their sets are available in your choice of 1/2" or 1/4" sizes.

Bill

1 - 12 of 12 Posts