Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I visited her mother tonight to work out some details on a display case she wants me to build for her husband. He collects model trains and has a set of 21 electric train engines with major rail road company logos painted on them.

Before we left she said he had a saw he wanted me to have. I was surprised to see it was a Craftsman scroll saw. It looks to be hardly used. It's just been sitting out in his storage building getting dusty and full of cobwebs. I plugged it in when I got home and sawed the end off of a small piece of scrap to see it cut. Works smoothly and quietly. Just needs cleaned up which I'll do tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One question. Does anyone know what the knob near the back of the saw on top of it is for? Does this tension the blade or do something else?

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Awesome man......congrats. Just looking at it (I don't have a scroll saw so my guess is as good as yours), but I'm guessing its for tensioning the blade.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Be careful Duane, you could end up going down the road of becoming a scroll sawaholic. I had one of those Craftsman saws, then I upgraded to a bigger Hitachi, but then I got the bug and upgraded to a nicer DeWalt DW788, which I'm making dust with now.

Those Excaliburs look pretty cool. Hmm.

Bill

1 - 10 of 10 Posts