Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was made for my home office. No more looking for a working pen or a sharp pencil when ideas hit. How many of you would like to have one of these in your shop? 4'x6' for about $20.

Fun video covering the build:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Duncancruiser said:
$20.00 at Walmart for one. I actually almost bought one.
I don't want to hijack the thread into a walmart rant but I would probably build one rather than go to the wal mart here. Is the board from Lowes the same type of surface as a normal white board in terms of performance, writability, erasability etc?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't want to hijack the thread into a walmart rant but I would probably build one rather than go to the wal mart here. Is the board from Lowes the same type of surface as a normal white board in terms of performance, writability, erasability etc?
Different material but same performance. As a matter of fact I accidentally used permanent marker on it the first time and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser took it off without damaging the surface. Mine is nearly full already with ideas and lists. I love it!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Right now I don't have that kind of wall space available butI like the idea and if I ever get some cabinets done and eliminate the wall hanging tools/peg board I may just do that project.

·
Registered
301 Posts
As a matter of fact I accidentally used permanent marker on it the first time and a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser took it off without damaging the surf.
Just a little trick with dry erase boards and permanent markers. If you go over the permanent marker with a regular dry erase marker, you can then wipe off the permanent marker as you would the dry erase marker. Of course the Magic Eraser is probably easier for large wipe offs.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts