·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum. Looking foward to learning some new ideas.:thumbsup:

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
That's what I figured but thought I would ask. We have some east of us actually which is sort of suprising, near of all places, Mesquite Texas. :icon_smile:

My understanding Mesquite was so named because mesquite grows there in sort of a secluded way. It quits about Gainsville which is an hour plus west of me, then picks back up for a little while east of me in the Mesuite, Texas area. Although there is not nearly as much in the area as their used to be. the cattlemen of old wiped them out for all intents and purposes.
Still, I am on the hunt for as much as i can find as close to me as I can find it. I have located a nice patch but always interested in finding more.
A member here and I are planning a mesquite harvesting later this year. We are intersted in prime mesquite and willing to travel for the good stuff.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's what I figured but thought I would ask. We have some east of us actually which is sort of suprising, near of all places, Mesquite Texas. :icon_smile:

My understanding Mesquite was so named because mesquite grows there in sort of a secluded way. It quits about Gainsville which is an hour plus west of me, then picks back up for a little while east of me in the Mesuite, Texas area. Although there is not nearly as much in the area as their used to be. the cattlemen of old wiped them out for all intents and purposes.
Still, I am on the hunt for as much as i can find as close to me as I can find it. I have located a nice patch but always interested in finding more.
A member here and I are planning a mesquite harvesting later this year. We are intersted in prime mesquite and willing to travel for the good stuff.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I will give ya a holler if I find out about any.:detective:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
txgrizzly:

I have a brother and a nephew around Garlin.
My nephew owns a trim and door business there.
He is doing alot of work in Oklahoma.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Big Dave.
Appreciate the warm welcome from ya'll.
This is the kind of site I've been looking for.

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey guys, can i get in on the mesquite harvesting? i would like to go and learn how its done and maybe get enough for a small project or two. i will bring the beer and briskit :thumbsup: do you think there are any good mesquite groves around my neck of the woods?

·
Registered
23 Posts
woodman, just saw your reply...Garland is a nice area too...a little big for me though. i kinda wish i would have bought my house further away from the metro mess but the commute to work is already killing me...

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hello from Austin

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My mistake, my wife corrected me, they live near Aubrey.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Woodman, i have a lot of friends who live in Aubrey... they have some nice trees around their homes there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts