Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! Got a newbie here.
I just picked up a Craftsman 10" radial arm saw. I have been without any serious saw (table or radial arm saw) for a while and it feels good to see one in my garage again. You can only do so much with a circular saw.
I plan to go through it and tune it, making sure it's cutting right.
First project will be some shelves for the garage. That will let me make room for a work bench, the second project.
Looking forward to picking up tips and tricks and sharing my experience.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Welcome to the site. Grab a seat & enjoy the ride!! Lots of great info. I suggest learning the search function but don't be afraid to post a question.

BTW, where in SoDak are you from? I was stationed at Ellsworth from 1990-1994. Kind of miss that place & really miss the Black Hills!!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Welcome from NH. After the shelves and bench - build more for your shop. Shop built projects are great for developing woodworking skills. Don't throw out the scraps - cut offs can be used to practice joinery...

My wife and I drove through SD in the summer of 2011 and loved it. Got to see the Corn Palace in Mitchell and visited Chamberlain but the Bad Lands and the Black Hills were our favorites.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!
FYI, I'm West river here in SD. (it's a SD thing) I live outside of Rapid City. About 30 miles from Mount Rushmore and about 40 miles from Sturgis (for those familiar with the Sturgis Rally).

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
rbpinney said:
Thanks guys!
FYI, I'm West river here in SD. (it's a SD thing) I live outside of Rapid City. About 30 miles from Mount Rushmore and about 40 miles from Sturgis (for those familiar with the Sturgis Rally).
I loved that area. I lived in Rapid when I was stationed at Ellsworth. It was a fun time.

·
Cedar Box Maker
165 Posts
Welcome to the forum from East Texas !

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Welcome Aboard

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts