Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy folks!

As my post count would indicate, I'm VERY new here. Never even been a lurker. I found the site via a google search. Looks like a great place to hang out!

I'm a 3rd generation carpenter. Dad started me out setting nails and cleaning up on job sites when I was 8 or 9. By the time I graduated high school, I'd already accumulated more "on the job" experience than most guys 7 or 8 years older than me. That helped get my foot in the door. I always had a knack for doing trim work. A good eye and a love for doing fine work was all the motivation I needed. Over the past 40 years, I've done trim work in homes, business's, boat cabins, churches, and a host of other venues. I love a challenge. Tell me I can't do something and consider it DONE!

Dad believed in learning to do things "old school" before you picked up all the power tools. I still love doing things without power tools.

A few years ago, I got a lucky break when the old rockpile of a small farm I owned was bought by a developer and I suddenly found myself with the opportunity and expendable cash to build and equip a shop at our new place. Now my day job is also my HOBBY! I'm starting to build furniture in my spare time. (Starting with a bedroom suit)

So.... The newfound interest in my old way of life has led me to the computer. I was searching for a site where people who love filling their pockets with sawdust would be found. Looks like I'm there!

I'm hoping to learn a few new tricks as well as HOPEFULLY passing on anything worthwhile I know.

Thanks for your time,

Bill

·
Senior Member Grandpa
349 Posts
Bill
Welcome to the forum from Western KY. You will find an assortment of real characters here but they can help you through almost any woodworking problem you might have. By the way we love pictures of anything wood so please show us some of what you make.
David

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Hey Welcome, there are a few of us Kentucky boys here. Let me know if I can be of any assistance..............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts