Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon, I need some help. I have turned a bottle stopper and want to inlay a band of Turquoise approx. 1/8 in. around a portion of it. I have purchased the crushed stone and the CA glue to use with it, problem is I don't have any instructions ( thought they came with the product). Any one here know where I can find some info on this stuff? All the information I can find seems to be for FLAT inlay and I'm trying to do this in the round so I know it is going to be different. Do I just mix it us and apply it like wood putty and let it harden and then work it flat? Any help would be appreciated. I have had the product for 6 months or so and am just now getting around to using it, I thought it came with instructions but I sure can't find them

Thanks for any help,
Bandman

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
crush the stone up and put it in a groove cut in the wood. Then just fill the area with the CA. you didn't say what CA you have. I would use Medium. It takes much longer to cure than you think. What I do is pour some in, let it cure then do some more. I like to overfill so I can turn it away and leave a smooth finish Other people might not. What I do is cut the groove deeper than I need. Fill it part way with the crushed medium Then fill it beyond that point with CA or I prefer clear epoxy. Then turn the wood and epoxy down and sand and polish it until it's clear.

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
I like InLace. Its allready mixed. Just add a few drops of MEKP and apply.:thumbsup:

Reactions: bandman

·
Maker of sawdust
460 Posts
inlace

Just a word to the wise whenever you turn any bowl or project that will take some sort of embellishment plan ahead. By this I mean don't turn it down then think about what you are going to put on it. Think ahead and add more than the height that you are planning to fill this way when you sand it down no divots, much better than that tiny area that is low.

Jerry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts