Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sitting here having a brain fart. (that is often what happens with age)

I want to make a piece of corner cove molding. 1/2" preferred, but 3/4 will do. I can tilt the table saw and cut the triangle shaped blank. However, does it make sense to try to route a cove in that small of a piece of wood?

I have a 3/8" cove bit which should be small enough for the 1/2x1/2 wood. Maybe I am dreaming up problems that do not exist.

George

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay. I had not thought of that. Certainly would work.

That is why I posted. I just knew that someone on here would have a good idea.

Thanks.

George

·
Registered
12,933 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I only need about 60" of this cove. I have a piece of 2" wide by 1/2 board left from a previous project that will be perfect.

This will be used in the two inside back corners of a student desk to hide the plywood joints.

George

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
I do not think you could make molding that is 1/2" by 1/2" on a table saw, but it is an interesting video.

thanks.

George
Actually it's pretty easy since you have a board that both long edges can be profiled. The TS blade would only need to be slightly raised, and the cross table guide would only need a slight angle to the blade.

Profiles like this can be done if there isn't enough flat for a bearing, or a router table setup isn't desired. Or, you may not have a cove cutting bit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts