Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a machine or lathe attachment to make rope and barley twists. I have looked into the Legacy Mill, it seems like a lot of money for what you get.

Thanks for your input
Dale :eek:

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
What Corndog said. The Legacy has been discussed here before. I personally think if a guy was doing production (and of course write it off his taxes :laughing:) they are worth the money. I said in another thread I had a chance to buy one for around $2k with some extras...I just didn't have an extra $2k at the time if you know what I mean.

The kid selling it was going to college and using the Legacy to make "spending money" on the weekends. He was cranking out candle holders and small stuff like that and then taking them to craft fairs (or sending them with someone else). In the summer when he was out of school he was getting work flipped to him by a general contractor he knew, turning stair parts/trim blocks and other stuff for new custom home construction. He said it more than paid for itself every summer. He told me he got one cherry stair job that was $4000 "profit", a no bid deal. The contractor just told him the number he had plugged in to buy the parts, he just made them for that number in a hard weeks work.

He graduated and took a job offer out of state and was selling everything.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate all of the Information and the URL's you provided it has been helpful.
Thanks you for your Welcomes also.

Thanks
Dale

1 - 6 of 6 Posts