Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find a way to be able to remove and replace a backer that we use to spray laminate glue easily. OSHA came through and said that since we have a cardboard backer, we have a vertical wall setup, and that the laminate glue is built up so now it is a fire hazard and it has to be removed. The only problem is, that it takes about an hour to remove the cardboard every week and a half and put up new cardboard. We have a vertical wall.

Any suggestions would be better than none.

Thanks

Owen:blink:

·
Registered
25 Posts
great idea texas. maybe a piece of stair hand rail mounted vertically on one end of the table with a roll(or two) of builders rosin paper slid onto it so that you could just pull a piece across and fasten it to an upright at the other end. after the days spraying is done, just cut the paper, throw the used away, and start with a fresh piece the next day

·
Registered
182 Posts
I am trying to find a way to be able to remove and replace a backer that we use to spray laminate glue easily. OSHA came through and said that since we have a cardboard backer, we have a vertical wall setup, and that the laminate glue is built up so now it is a fire hazard and it has to be removed. The only problem is, that it takes about an hour to remove the cardboard every week and a half and put up new cardboard. We have a vertical wall.

Any suggestions would be better than none.

Thanks

Owen:blink:
I use to spray like that too but it never took that long to take down and replace,we used cardboard too.you must be spraying an awful lot of glue each week,maybe too much.how thick is your build up? and big is your spray area?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts