Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm installing 42" tall kitchen cabinets in a 96" tall room. I'm assuming the ceiling isn't perfectly flat. How do I install the cabinets so that they are all at the same level? I cant seem to find any guides online on this. I'm assuming that I find the lowest point, and install them there. Then I'm not sure what to do about the gap for the high points. Or maybe I should mount them about a inch off of the ceiling, add a strip of wood to the top of the cabinet, and install crown molding and attach it to that strip. If I do that, it will leave less than 18 inches between the counter and the top cabinets. Is that ok?

My cabinet company sells scribe molding, so I'm guessing that's an option, but I'm not sure how I would mount it to the cabinet.

Thanks for the help!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.