Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Now THAT was cool! Fuel-Air explosion at its best!!

·
Log dog
7,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I'm not sure I could pull that off here at home. Lol, but maybe at the cabin up north.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Cool - maybe. I prefer more responsible methods. Hey - I'm a boring adult! I spread out my sawdust in an old tray and pour out my old paints to dry them out (neighbors paint also). I also give some to neighbors and friends who own and use wood stoves. They start their fires with it. Like I said, I'm a boring adult.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
There's gotta be some kid in you somewhere B ;)

Aside from that it was pretty cool but it seemed like a very elaborate setup for giant smoke rings.

·
Registered
404 Posts
The US Military and the Sierra Club have just convened after seeing this to discuss an Eco Friendly Bomb.:gunsmilie: And it even sends smoke rings!

The Multi-Tasking Eco Friendly Bomb - blow up your neighbors and send them a farewell. Once they are gone, you're free to move in and set up shop. ;)

·
where's my table saw?
27,889 Posts
Lol

Apparently wood dust IS explosive under the right conditions.
I'll be tip toeing around with my dust barrels and avoiding road flares and other souces of ignition..... just sayin'

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
:laughing:

That would be cool to do as a weekly routine to dispose of the sawdust. Neighbours from near and far would come looking. Could be combined with BBQ and beer. Possibly it would draw the attention from some authorities as well. I wonder what paragraphs they would use to ban it?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Sorry I took this thread as a question of "what do you do with your sawdust?' rather then dazzling us with the display. As to jharris comment about I having a child in me... well, I know a lot about child behavior. I have 55 years experience being 7 years old and I'm good at it! Na na na na na! :laughing:

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Laughing!!! God bless ya Bernie!

And thank you for making me ponder great memories of seven, eight, nine....

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Huh?

·
master sawdust maker
437 Posts
I think he meant that the fireball was quick. Either way, that was pretty cool. There's no way I would get away with that sort of thing around here in the city. Cool to watch though.
LOL just tell the authorities that you were using your shop vac and all of the sudden it went up in a ball of fire and smoke!

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Wema826 said:
LOL just tell the authorities that you were using your shop vac and all of the sudden it went up in a ball of fire and smoke!
Hmmmmm ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts