Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in orlando and want to know how to find a store that sells good woodworking supplies for things like cabinet or furniture making.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm in Orlando also. There is a Woodcraft store off of i-4 and 436. Its in the little mall in front of Rachel's (Steak House):icon_smile: .

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I usually order from Rockler or Outwater plastics for most of my stuff. You can order a catelog online and it beats running around looking for stuff. Oh, another one is woodworkers supply.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I usually order from Rockler or Outwater plastics for most of my stuff. You can order a catelog online and it beats running around looking for stuff. Oh, another one is woodworkers supply.
If anyone wants a Woodworker's Supply catalog, PM me with your address and I'll make sure that you get one pronto!!! (I have an "in" with management:laughing: -- I sleep with one of them!!)

Nancy (135 days)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Many good wood places on the internet, Home Depot or Loews, the Woodcraft store, between all of it, you should be able to get all the things you need AND the ones you don't.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Its hard to tell if you are talking about tools or lumber. If your looking for tools the advise so far has been fine. Lumber is quite another matter. Woodcraft carries a small selection of turning type stock but if your looking for 100bf of cherry your not going to find it at home depot. Look for Hardwood in the yellow pages or ask local cabinet shops. Usually there is a large lumber supplier where you'll find hardwood plywood stock and solid stock as well. You might also find some locals that have local exotics. I found a local sawmill guy (CA unfortunately) who buys walnut trunks and has spectacular wood. Domestic exotics like walnut burl/apple/pear/olive - if you can find someone milling these locally you can make very nice stuff without paying woodcraft prices.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Just a reminder - Woodworker's Supply catalogs are available for the asking!

Nancy (101 days)

·
Registered
49 Posts
I use Woodworkers Supply in Albquerque and also Rocklers...but locally go to Loews as HomeDepot never has anything anymore...Loews is well stocked and gets what you want as quickly as possible...for Hardwoods, which I use a lot of mostly Ash, I go to a local hardwoods store and they let me cherry pick through their stacks...so I am very pleased...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts