Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Silly question, but how do I get my profile picture to show in my threads?

Thx,
Ron

·
where's my table saw?
27,885 Posts
You mean the avatar?

Your profile picture shows up on your profile page when you click on your user name:

Your avatar show up on the left side of every post:

To use an avatar, go to the top of the screen on the black tool bar and click on UserCP.
Then scroll down to settings and options.
Select edit avatar.
Browse your computer and open a photo of your self, but wait for it to upload.
Then save changes.
That should do it.

:vs_cool:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx Woodnthings & Johnep. Followed your suggestions, saved it as an avatar & it seems to be working now.
blacklions

Reactions: difalkner

·
Super Moderator
David
4,992 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Add your first name to your signature line so we'll know what to call you and it will show in each post. Add your location to your profile, as well.

We do like photos so show us your shop, tools, projects, etc. whenever you're ready. What sort of woodworking are you planning or doing?

Glad the guys could help with your avatar!

David

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully, my signature will now be displayed. I also added my location (Kissimmee, FL). The project I am currently working on is a tri-fold Shoji screen (without power tools). Have been working on some test pieces to get ready for the real work to begin, which I started this week. Have a long way to go. Just finished a Harry Potter Deathly Hallows lamp for my daughter. Probably doesn't mean anything to anyone unless you're a Harry Potter fan. Most of my projects have revolved around my daughter & her crafts needs.

Thx again for your suggestions.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, it would seems so. Thanks for your reply. It's a military unit I served with many moons ago.

·
Super Moderator
3,341 Posts
welcome to the forum, Ron. looking forward to following your projects.
I thought that black lion looked familiar !!! I was a sign maker in GA
and made several squadron logo plaques for the military bases.
I think I made one for that unit, 28th Infantry Regiment in Ft. Benning years ago.
thank you for your service !!!

John

Reactions: Blacklions

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx John. After looking at the projects on the Project Showcase, I would be a little embarrassed to display my small & amateurish projects. I love woodworking & wish I had started when I was young.

Yeah, the Blacklions emblem is the 28th Infantry Regiment. I served as a squad leader & tunnel rat in Company A, 2 battalion, 28th infantry regiment of the 1st Infantry Division in 1966 & 67. After that, I finished my military tour as a paratrooper in the 82nd Airborne Division. However, that was a very long time ago. Now I'm retired and just starting out doin' the woodworking thing & enjoying all pictures & their artwork of fellow woodworker.

Thx for the reply and your suggestions on getting my avatar setup.

Kindest regards,

·
Super Moderator
3,341 Posts
Ron - please put your intimidations aside and just get neck deep in sawdust.
I don't think you will ever hear negative comments on any projects here.
however, if you ask for advice on something, it may not be what you want to hear.

I joined the Navy in late '66 and my brother in the Army in '68 so we are well aware
of your dangerous assignments in the bush. you will never know how much admiration
I have for those brave souls such as yourself that jump into a hole of unknown inhabitants
with only a .45 and a flashlight. there are several of us here in the same "age group".
so feel free to bounce any ideas, concerns or issues off the sounding board here.
this forum will be changing over to a brand new format next week. so just hold tight on
trying to learn it all now.
and again, welcome aboard.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thx John, your kind words are much appreciated. Thanks to you & your brother for your service. Looking forward to the new changes. Really enjoying this forum and it's participants.

Kindest regards,

1 - 13 of 13 Posts