Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I built the cabinet for my miter saw in the picture below. I want to now attach the Kreg precision trak and stop system: http://www.kregtool.com/Precision-Trak-Stop-System-Prodview.html to the wall that is to the left of the miter saw. I am planning to build a small platform that a piece of wood can sit on and connect it to the wall exactly even to the miter saw. My question is if anyone has any advice as to how to go about attaching the platform to the wall that is to the left of the miter saw and how to make sure it is exactly even. Do I get a laser? Something else?

Any advice is appreciated and hopefully the question makes sense.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan

·
Registered
12,931 Posts
I would level the saw, then level the platform. :smile:

How do you level the saw without leveling the platform?

What does a level platform matter anyway. Being true and flat across both the saw and infeed/outfeed tables is what matters. And having the blade be trued to this reference.

George

·
Scotty D
4,479 Posts
How do you level the saw without leveling the platform?

What does a level platform matter anyway. Being true and flat across both the saw and infeed/outfeed tables is what matters. And having the blade be trued to this reference.

George
If you read his post... he is calling the ledge he will attach the track to a "platform". :smile:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,

What I'm saying is I'm going to build a platform for the kreg system. I'm asking how do I attach the platform to the vertical wall that is to the left of the saw table such that it is completely level all the way across the length of the platform and even with the saw table. How do I make sure that it is level all the way down the length of the platform to the end of the vertical wall?

Snap a line? something else?

Thanks.

·
John
3,028 Posts
Hi,

I built the cabinet for my miter saw in the picture below. I want to now attach the Kreg precision trak and stop system: http://www.kregtool.com/Precision-Trak-Stop-System-Prodview.html to the wall that is to the left of the miter saw. I am planning to build a small platform that a piece of wood can sit on and connect it to the wall exactly even to the miter saw. My question is if anyone has any advice as to how to go about attaching the platform to the wall that is to the left of the miter saw and how to make sure it is exactly even. Do I get a laser? Something else?

Any advice is appreciated and hopefully the question makes sense.

Thanks in advance,

Nathan
Hi, the way I see this is you don't want it exactly even with the saw table but 2 or so inches higher than the table but exactly parallel. There could also be some issues with the in/out positioning but that could be handled with the table position.
I have a 5 ft (60") aluminum ruler about 2" wide that I would clamp to the saw fence with the edge on the table and then set the board on top of that and nail it to the wall. :smile:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts