Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i have looked at this website before and i joined today. well i am kind of a newbie at this woodworking stuff. i have a decent starter shop of my garage. my only problem is getting the lumber to do stuff. i am starting with little projects as kind of a learning thing. lumber is expensive at the place i have seen. any advice. this is a pretty cool forum. :icon_smile:

·
Old School
24,027 Posts
hello i have looked at this website before and i joined today. well i am kind of a newbie at this woodworking stuff. i have a decent starter shop of my garage. my only problem is getting the lumber to do stuff. i am starting with little projects as kind of a learning thing. lumber is expensive at the place i have seen. any advice. this is a pretty cool forum. :icon_smile:

I'm new here also. Once you shop around for materials, you'll figure out the best place to get them. This forum does look very interesting. Lots of advice here.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Some of the guys here are wood suppliers, as well as the members of http://www.sawandtimber.com/ .I am not saying you are going to save a bundle, but you may (I don't know, I don't buy lumber just make it :laughing:) Quality lumber is not cheap, but the fellers I know here and on the link are not faceless corporations. Just honest guys trying to scratch out a living doing what we all love ,wood.
Anyway welcome, read old posts and post if you have any questions/ comments. I have yet to see a question unanswered.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts