Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some things I have done to my house. I have been stalking this thread for a while afraid to post. I don't do a lot of wood working I am a beginner. I have been into carpentry in the past past, but mostly rough carpentry. I am now going to try to take on some real woodworking projects.

Attachments

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The desk I used a pitchfork cleat but I tied into the studs in back and sides by using 2x 4 framing and sheathing it with mdf. The wall I just used low end birch wood flooring. The low end flooring worked great as it was thin and light weight.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I built it. With flat stock cold rolled and the rollers are rollers from HF. I did find some reasonably priced hardware at tractor supply store if you have one nearby. The fancy brushed nickel stuff on the web was 300+. If you need any help building it or finding something just ask.:)

·
Rustic furniture
1,197 Posts
Nice details.
I also have a background of rough carpentry, and have since went to "live edge" furniture.
I like the door as well, and may incorporate something like that in the farmhouse I am restoring. We are going ultra contemporary on the inside, but that could fit the bill if done right.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Curious here, how did you finish the edge of the wall with the flooring? Did you miter it down to the corner or put up a strip of something or what?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts