IMG_20120424_135803.jpg

IMG_20120424_135814.jpg

IMG_20120425_142603.jpg

IMG_20120425_142914.jpg

·
Registered
141 Posts
how is the carvewright?

how is the carvewright? is it worth to own it? those online review is not that promising....

·
Wannabe woodworker
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Part 3 of the Video blog.

Great work. :thumbsup:
Thank you for the Kind comment:thumbsup:

how is the carvewright? is it worth to own it? those online review is not that promising....
I bought it so I can add that little extra to projects like this. The old saying " you get what you pay for" holds true here. It's the cheapest CNC on the market. So, with that said, if you purchase one be prepared to get to know it very well. It is very quirky. I have owned mine for a year and a half now. It has yet to fail me for carving anything. But, quite often, when walking up to the unit, something isn't right or needs to be adjusted before it will begin to carve.

Would I recommend it to a friend? Yes I would. It's the best bang for your buck. Just know what your walking into. It's far from "Plug and Play".

Hope that helps!

And now, Part three of the Video Blog for this build.

Thanks for looking!:thumbsup:

·
Wannabe woodworker
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Part 4 of the Video blog!

well, what kind of adjustment you need to make? do you need to fix some parts?

The issues vary between owners. Way to many to list here. It boils down to this really. If your mechanically inclined, you should be fine. There is a great help forum on the Carvewright site with plenty of well educated people that can walk you through just about anything. If your not? Well, get ready for a big learning curve.

I don't know if your looking to buy an CNC or not. But, either way, this is my best, honest answer.

On a side note:

Part 4 of the Video Blog of this build is up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EAz_IdcVSo

Thanks again everyone for looking!

I'm off to the wedding I've been babbling on about. I won't be able to respond for a couple of days:thumbsup:

Part 5 of the video blog

·
Wannabe woodworker
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Final Part of the Video Blog

I'm back from the wedding. They love it! Let me know what you think! Thanks for looking:thumbsup:

·
Trytore Member
2,763 Posts
That is really beautiful. I'll BET they're happy with it! Nice to put the build online too. Adds an extra touch that they can watch how it's built.

A little dust collection on that router wouldn't hurt eh? :laughing:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts