Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day

I would like to share with you my modified shop-vac. It's normal Home-vac screwed on a box.

The box is from 9/16" Melamine (plywood will do) screws and Silicon. For perfect fit, I made it as one unit and then cut to two. 4 casters makes it mobile so I don't have to use long hoses (that are reducing the efficiency).

The preliminary filter (gardening cloth), is filtering almost everything and only very small dust particles are getting to the man filter (bag) that I change ones in 6 months or so.

The gardening cloth is very easy to wash and dries very quickly. I have a few of them (very cheap) so, I just change and later, wash it.

Regards
niki

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
interesting, do you find a significant loss of suction?
On the contrary, the suction increased and most of the time I'm using the power control on "minimum" (for sanders and general cleaning...including the car...) for the router table and the table saw, I use "maximum" power.

The large area of the "filter" reduces the restrictions and even when the filter is "clogged" (like on the picture), there is still enough vacuum....It takes me 2 minutes or less to change the filter (I have a few, so at the end of the day, I wash the clogged ones and have them dry for the next day).

The good thing is that I have the same filtering capability (I did not remove any of the "5 filter system") but the bag never gets full...I'm changing the bag every 6 months or so (if I remember to do so).

The better and stronger one is my R2D2 that is dedicated to the table saw (you can see it on the router table post).

Thanks
niki

1 - 3 of 3 Posts