Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured with Black Friday coming up soon, kicking off the holiday shopping season, I would start the best holiday woodworking deals thread. While I have none myself, at this time, I am sure all you fine folks will know where the super specials are on the web and in store. So lets have them.

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Menards has starting Sunday the porter cable low profile ros sander for 79 bucks. I paid more than that for my refurb model.

·
Registered
885 Posts
ryan50hrl said:
Menards has starting Sunday the porter cable low profile ros sander for 79 bucks. I paid more than that for my refurb model.
Dang that's good deal, too bad the nearest Menards is 1000 miles away

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
DST said:
Dang that's good deal, too bad the nearest Menards is 1000 miles away
It looks like its 6 bucks to ship to the west coast...still might be worthwhile.

·
Wood Snob
5,963 Posts
ryan50hrl said:
Got love it though. I replaced the break last week. It sands so much faster and better with the new break.

We don't have a Menards within a thousand miles. :(

Al

Nails only hold themselves.

·
Wood Snob
5,963 Posts

·
Sawdust Creator
8,046 Posts
Al B Thayer said:
Got love it though. I replaced the break last week. It sands so much faster and better with the new break. We don't have a Menards within a thousand miles. :( Al Nails only hold themselves.
I've changed the brake in mine twice now...I'm a bit disappointed how fast they wear out....but I guess I do use it a lot.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Al B Thayer said:
I guess PC and DeWalt have the same parent company.
This is correct. I believe the own Stanley as well.

Mark

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Grizzly has the PC 690LR router for $100, which is $50 off their reg price.

Mark

·
Registered
293 Posts
Burb said:
This is correct. I believe the own Stanley as well. Mark
Stanley if the mother. They own DeWalt, Porter Cable, Black & Decker, Delta, Bostitch, and who knows what else. There's a DeWalt factory service shop by the house, that's how I learned this, I would of never guessed this. I knew DeWalt and Black & Decker was linked.

Eric

·
Wood Snob
5,963 Posts
Anguspapa said:
Stanley if the mother. They own DeWalt, Porter Cable, Black & Decker, Delta, Bostitch, and who knows what else. There's a DeWalt factory service shop by the house, that's how I learned this, I would of never guessed this. I knew DeWalt and Black & Decker was linked.

Eric
There's something about a cheap a$$ company like Black and Decker holding companies with quality tools. I don't get it. Hope they don't dumb down and cheapen my beloved Porter Cable.

Al

·
Wood Snob
5,963 Posts
Burb said:
Grizzly has the PC 690LR router for $100, which is $50 off their reg price.

Mark
That's a great deal. Everyone should jump on this one. Because the 690 is the best router pound for pound ever made. Bar none.

Al

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
That's a great deal. Everyone should jump on this one. Because the 690 is the best router pound for pound ever made. Bar none.
Al,
I could not have said it any better.

There is one additional plus about the PC 690.

If a company makes accessories for routers, they fit them to the PC 690 first.

·
Wood Snob
5,963 Posts
rrich said:
Al,
I could not have said it any better.

There is one additional plus about the PC 690.

If a company makes accessories for routers, they fit them to the PC 690 first.
Damn dad, every fixture I see sports the 690. Back in the 70s I bought a Crapsman router and fought at every turn that I didn't buy the 690. The Crapsman fell apart and the bearings went out in no time and I was PC bound.

Al

1 - 20 of 40 Posts