Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hold on 'cause I HATE typing on my phone and that is where the photos are.

So, I've been helping a friend with his dads estate. The dad had ideas at one point of becoming a wood worker. Bought a bunch of new tools and never did anything. We were in the house yesterday and this book got tossed in the garbage. I'm glad I saw it before it went permanently in the garbage.

It has a section on identifying different species of wood. Wish that was in color! There were add on tools like a lathe and horizontal belt sander. How to use the saw as a router! Kind of a neat book overall. I can post some more photos if anybody is interested.

Ken

Font Paper Paper product Document Publication

Font Publication Tints and shades Art Book

Brown Rectangle Amber Wood Font

Font Rectangle Tints and shades Parallel Pattern

Font Art Parallel Machine Table

Font Publication Paper Paper product Document

· where's my table saw?
32,644 Posts
Great find! I have a few of those old manuals and books, and even though not the latest info, it's all good.

Reactions: Kenh3497

· Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder what happened to the saw?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
I don't think he ever had the saw. He bought all new stuff, left it in the boxes and then proceeded to stack "stuff" all around and on top of the new tools:(. It looks like it was a beast of a saw. Meaning, built to last three lifetimes with basic maintenance.

Ken

· Registered
486 Posts
I don't think he ever had the saw. He bought all new stuff, left it in the boxes and then proceeded to stack "stuff" all around and on top of the new tools:(. It looks like it was a beast of a saw. Meaning, built to last three lifetimes with basic maintenance.

Ken
Shame. It would be fun to collect a tool line like Craftsman. They've been around a long time.
Roy

· Premium Member
4,781 Posts
Stumpy did a video on one if the old RAS manuals and the crazy & extremely dangerous things they proposed.

@WNT, I’m still looking for a radial arm, I’m looking for a turret style old Rockwell Delta, or a DeWalt Power Shop. Passed on a couple, haven’t seen one in a month!

But these old C’mans - are they solid machines?
Plant Font Urban design Engineering Technology

This one came up. Maybe they’d take $100.

Wood Font Gas Saw Machine

· Registered
4 Posts
Hold on 'cause I HATE typing on my phone and that is where the photos are.

So, I've been helping a friend with his dads estate. The dad had ideas at one point of becoming a wood worker. Bought a bunch of new tools and never did anything. We were in the house yesterday and this book got tossed in the garbage. I'm glad I saw it before it went permanently in the garbage.

It has a section on identifying different species of wood. Wish that was in color! There were add on tools like a lathe and horizontal belt sander. How to use the saw as a router! Kind of a neat book overall. I can post some more photos if anybody is interested.

Ken

View attachment 445434
View attachment 445435
View attachment 445437
View attachment 445438
View attachment 445439
View attachment 445436
The book isn't even bad. I recommend it to everyone who does not understand this area. It suits absolutely everyone. I'm looking for something similar, but I don't have the time to look for it myself. I would just like to understand construction even more. But time is really not enough, I only recently realized that time is all we have (a very valuable resource).
The book isn't even bad. I recommend it to everyone who does not understand this area. It suits absolutely everyone. I'm looking for something similar, but I don't have the time to look for it myself. I even turned to the research proposal writing service, found https://edubirdie.com/research-proposal-writing-service for this. I would just like to understand construction even more. But time is really not enough, I only recently realized that time is all we have (a very valuable resource).
Book really nice !! (y)
Recommend something similar if anyone knows.

· Registered
190 Posts
No it's a 10 inch. The motor says it can be wired 120 to 240 volts. View attachment 445465 View attachment 445466

That is the same Craftsman RAS that I bought used 40 years ago. It has the switch on the sliding assembly which is very handy for "normal"use. The only problem is that in some uses the switch is out of reach so newer saws had them located in a more central spot. I used mine a lot and it got beat up being hauled around in the truck and getting left outside on the jobsite many times. I think I still got $50 for it when I finally didn't need it anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts