Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Howdy, I posted before about a part, well I found it but I have another problem someone can certainly help with.

See the pic where the bearing and sleeve are seperate? Well I am guessing they need to fir super tight, other wise nothing will hold my pulley on.

See the other pic where the pulley is pictures, well the bearing in the pulley under the 3 screws is the bearing siting on the left of the collar in the first pic.

See the pic from the manual where I circled in red the friction fit .. it may help you see it better. But I suspect you all know way more than me!

I found this part on eBay for $200.00, but do I really need it or can't I use a micrometer and find a bearing with and i.d. slightly smaller?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks
Zeek

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
Agree with Steve.. and if you are concerned about the bearing not being a tight fit in the sleeve, it looks like gravity will hold it in place in conjunction with the pressure from the belt making it an interference fit. If you are concerned about it being too loose, you could always use a little loctite or permatex sleeve retainer on it:

Cheers,
Brad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is not a tight fit and I did have the parts together and drilled a hole, then the pulley slid up and then "bang bang bad noises" and part number 48 got destroyed . . . which was already missing a chunk. So I am concerned about it not being tight enough, I will try the loctite product, thanks for the help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts