Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
TheOldMan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Hitachi C10FS miter saws that I bought new several years ago, and it has been an awesome tool! However, the other day, I attempted to cut on a piece that had a slight warp in it, and the saw jammed. breaking the left hand cover (p/n 310-688) into about 50 pieces. I called Hitachi Customer service, and was informed that this is an obsolete saw, and that no replacement parts are available. So now I guess I own a $750 green anchor. Unless someone out there has a saw that has failed, and they are parting it out. I guess there's a possibility that one of the authorized svc centers may have this part in stock, but I haven't found that one yet. If anyone knows of the whereabouts of a part like this I'd sure appreciate any info. Thanx.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I realize this is an old thread, but a similar thing happened to me just last week, but it was the gear case that cracked. Any chance you still have the saw and want to part it out?

·
Registered
26,652 Posts
I realize this is an old thread, but a similar thing happened to me just last week, but it was the gear case that cracked. Any chance you still have the saw and want to part it out?
The 2013 post eyecatcher made was his one and only post. Don't expect an answer. Is your gear case removable? Is the gear case plastic or metal? If it's plastic you can plastic weld the crack and then re-enforce it with some epoxy for plastic and fiberglass cloth. If it's metal perhaps someone can weld the crack.

·
TheOldMan
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
10cfs

Chuckwoodie: I found a nearly new one on craigslist, and was able to purchase it. I set the old one out in the storage room, and there it sets. If you'll send me a picture of what your damage is, I'll look and see if I have the parts to fix it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts