Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I do side projects as a hobby (bookshelves, coffee tables, etc.) and I want to invest in a decent portable table saw.
I've been reading reviews on different brands and cannot seem to settle on one. I read decent reviews on Hitachi C10RJ. Then I saw someone selling a Hitachi C10FR. I cannot seem to find a decent comparison between the two.
Does anyone have any insight?
Do you guys recommend another Brand/model I should invest in altogether?

Best,

Amir

·
Super Moderator
5,255 Posts
Haven't used the Hitachi table saws, but I have used their sliding compound saws since they introduced them. My jobsite tablesaw is a Dewalt. I have had this saw since they introduced it, I'm guessing over 15 years ago. It hasn't an excellent fence that works on a rack and pinion system. It is very accurate. I've cut everything from prefinished Kitchen cabinet materials to sheet goods. I'd highly recommend it. It's a model 745. It looks like this one in the pic, except mine didn't come with the updated riving knife shown.
Mike's Hawkins

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haven't used the Hitachi table saws, but I have used their sliding compound saws since they introduced them. My jobsite tablesaw is a Dewalt. I have had this saw since they introduced it, I'm guessing over 15 years ago. It hasn't an excellent fence that works on a rack and pinion system. It is very accurate. I've cut everything from prefinished Kitchen cabinet materials to sheet goods. I'd highly recommend it. It's a model 745. It looks like this one in the pic, except mine didn't come with the updated riving knife shown.
Mike's Hawkins View attachment 424921
Thank you for the information and recommendation

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.