Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv been around for a few months bt i havent done muh and decided to introduce myself.

Im not your average girl. i love being around guys(rough housing, weird jokes, etc yall get the point) animals (dogs,horses,goats), and being at the shop.
i breed and show boer goats. goats are my life.
ill be starting ag mec 2 next year.
and doing ag mec 3(of 3) my Sr year)
so hi yall!

and im looking for prodjects to do.
threow anyhing at me wood or metal and ill talk to my ag teachers and dad about it :D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Welcome!
Wherabouts are you?
Dave H

·
Registered
253 Posts
iv been around for a few months bt i havent done muh and decided to introduce myself.

Im not your average girl. i love being around guys(rough housing, weird jokes, etc yall get the point) animals (dogs,horses,goats), and being at the shop.
i breed and show boer goats. goats are my life.
ill be starting ag mec 2 next year.
and doing ag mec 3(of 3) my Sr year)
so hi yall!

and im looking for prodjects to do.
threow anyhing at me wood or metal and ill talk to my ag teachers and dad about it :D
Welcome to the forum. I am in the THC as well. Good luck on finding projects. There are plenty of ideas here.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Welcome to the site. I'm fairly new myself and I've learned alot. Your search function will be a huge help in looking for any topic.

As for the AG, glad to see another young adult get interested in this. I grew up in Upstate NY around dairy farms. Now I'm in SW Missouri where there are more goats than anything else it seems (except Tyson chicken farms). And I like the Boers. They tend to have a nice clean look to them. My sister has a couple of basic pygmy goats for pets.

Mark

·
Senior junior member
546 Posts
Hello from the Great White North! What is 'ag mec?'

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For a poor school like mine its wood and metal working put together.
We cant afford to have seperate classes for them.
It stands for ag mechanics :)

·
Senior junior member
546 Posts
OK, thanks. I've eaten goat quite a few times, BTW. My Church has a large Caribbean contingent, and once a year they prepare curried goat and other Carib dishes for us. It's quite tasty.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Something to be said for small town Ag classes. I learned the basics of wood working, welding, electrical wiring and small engine mechanics in Ag shop!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Iv never had goat no one around here sells its meat and we dont really have sjme to just get butchered as i have all show goats.

And i think we learn about wiering but we no longer have a car mechanics type thing class

·
Registered
104 Posts
I had four years of Ag shop. Each year focused on a different area. Goat isn't bad. I had an uncle that raised them when I was in high school. He barbecued one every year for the 4th of July. Thinking lately about getting one as a pet but can't commit. I raise chickens for fun and eggs.

·
Master firewood maker
1,973 Posts
welcome! hey, what are your thoughts on fainting goats?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
welcome! hey, what are your thoughts on fainting goats?

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9_CdNPuJg
I have no thought on them really. I wont own them as long as i live here unless to protect my herd it it gets any bigger as fainters dont sell well.
But id have them in my herd so if any oreditors came by tge sainters w ould faint and everyone els woukd get to safty.

But i do think their pretty darn funny!!

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
goatgirl: start to think about home furnishings, from fancy wrought-iron wine racks on up.
I say this because it's obvious that women buyers want the things that women workers make.

There are as many female chauvinist sows as there are male chauvinist pigs.

The best, with out a doubt, home rennovators/decorators are fully licenced and qualified women.
I know this annoys us guys but SWMBO often has the last word for the BIG BUCKS.

·
Senior junior member
546 Posts
I saw a movie once where people stared at goats until they dropped dead. The goats, not the people. It was called, The Men Who Stare at Goats. I think George Clooney was on drugs when he made that movie.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts