Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
puffessional Scrabbleist
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came over from the sister site. Due to password details I must use a different name. I go by Norm over there.

I have been doing some form of woodwork for many years, mostly for my wife but I've done a few $$$ things along the way. Built wooden kaleidoscopes/telescopes for awhile before deciding to fill our garage sale home with homemade furniture. Got two rooms left.

Now I am building cars, furniture and...other toys.

Attachments

·
Registered
834 Posts
Another artist to make my work look even worst:laughing::laughing:.

Welcome and enjoy your stay!

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Nice work welcome from spokane, wa

·
puffessional Scrabbleist
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the nice welcome. I'm not sure what scale the model is. I copied it from a model I saw at a WW Guild meeting a few years back.
I think it might be 1/24 but not sure. I made four of these and they were all around 20-22 inches in length.

I'm not real good at describing what I do or even forming proper questions about the craft but I like my results. I keep pushing myself to see what I can make. I don't have many years left to work. My ultimate goal is to create one of those huge gizmos that you find in science exhibits where a few marbles/balls roll around a maze of electro-mechanical objects that do different actions. I have collected hardware for years. It's hard to find any plans or technical writing on this type of gadget so I've been trying to assemble a library of single-action creations and fitting them all together.

Nice to be here
Tony/Norm

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Welcome!
Really nice work there. Always happy to see another way that wood can be enjoyed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.