Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Member , noisy .
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching the net for info on dovetail jig 's and happened upon your forum . Looks like a cool " place " and I hope I can add some positive input .
I've been doing a state/county Mandatory lead abatement on my N.E. colonial 4 bedroom home for the last several years and as you can guess , they dont make that trim any more ! Nearly a century old . Gotta get creative ...
I 've learned quite a bit the hard way and burned out a few tools:laughing: I've managed to control my tool aquisition syndrome , but just barely .
Its amazing how procedures have changed between now and then and I got a lot of respect for the way things were done back in the '20S .
I did custom auto interiors for 25 + years , leatherwork , consoles , speaker boxes and home and car audio . I make some tasty ales too .
Cheers !
Budk

·
Member , noisy .
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
South east of Philly , Glassboro . Home of Rowan U. (Glassboro state back in the day ) .

·
Member , noisy .
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I found some unpainted trim ends in a crawlspace that worked as a pattern for the cutters . Made new ones for the molding head on the grinder from old lawn edger blades .
Back in 1965-'66 as a child I remember my aunt cleaning gramp's garage . Throwing out boxes of hand made planes of what seemed like dozens of all shapes and sizes . I imagine they are in some landfill or next to Jimmy Hoffa in the meadowlands . All those tools , all hand made , gone .

·
Registered
25 Posts
whats up bud, welcome from another relative newbie. i am also a fellow zymurgist. are you hip to homebrewtalk.com, its a great brew forum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts