Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just found this forum today and thought I would sign up.
I live in Indiana and about this time of year the climate really fowls up all my summer time activities....camping, metal detecting, and shooting. About all I have left to help keep my sanity is my wood shop.

I bild, repare and restore about anything from wood. I have been doing this for about 20 years. Now that I am retired I have more time.

I haven't done a lot of reading in here yet, but from what I have seen, there are some pretty avid and dedicated wood workers in here. I am not sure where I fit so I will tell you a little about how I wood work and go from there. Most of the thinks I build are one of a kind. I pretty much get an idea from a picture that a customer brings to me. We decide on types of wood, finishes and cost. From there I work up plans for construction. My dad always said, if you can draw it, you can build it. He seemed to be pretty much on the money, as far as I was concerned.
Fro, ti,e to time. if there is a place in here, I will post some pics of my work. I hope to see a lot of others work as well.

Okay the does it for me for now. Glad to be here and I am sure I will learn a lot from all the post. Thank you.......John

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Welcome from Illinois, yea winter stinks. Just head into the woodshop...6 months it will be over :laughing:. Check out the gallery here, there are some pictures of others work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts