Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I'm Greg and happy to be here. Looking forward to learning from everyone. I'm new to wood working, been tinkering a little on the weekends here and there, but looking to retire from my day job soon, and getting more hands on. Thanks for the awesome forums.

·
Premium Member
Cabinetmaker
157 Posts
Welcome, Greg!

Just getting started and eager to learn? This forum will provide you with a "world" of woodworking information.

Never be shy with asking questions and always feel free to share your experiences - good or bad. And, don't forget to post photos of your new shop and favorite projects.

- Bob

·
Registered
481 Posts
I like Mason’s Mill (not in N Houston) they carry main species in 1/4 increments so you don’t have to get a board too thick just plane it down. They will skip plane (my choice if I am not buying same day), S2S, or S3S for a small fee. For more exotic selections Houston Hardwoods (not N Houston either) is good but I haven’t been there in years. I like cherry and maple so no need. Plywood from PIP in Spring. Not sure if they carry exotic plywood since I haven’t asked.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Finish supplies I like shellac flakes and Rocker is closest to me so I go there. There are other locations and Woodcraft too. The other small shops I have used over the years have all closed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts