Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Jimmy McIntosh, I am 62, a retired toolmaker. I am not a real woodworker but have made a lot of things out of it. I built my house, barns, a boat, a camper, 100's of model air planes, one real airplane yes it was made out of wood, and a lot of useless things over the years.
I bought a small farm when I was 18, got married when I was 20, built me a house here on the farm when I was 25 and still here with the same wife, who is also my best friend.
We had a bug called poplar scales kill our poplar trees, and the ash bore our Ash trees, and had to have them logged. With 300 plus large trees cut there is a lot of lumber left by the logger. I told my wife if she would buy me a small band mill I would finish the barn on the west side of our farm with the lumber and build me a new work shop down there, and we would move into it.
The mill is on order and I am here to learn all I can about sawing lumber with a small band mill.

Nice to be here
Jimmy

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I am so excited about getting the saw, I can hardly sleep at night. I feel like a kid at Christmas. I have 20 small logs waiting on it, and going to build the bed for the track as soon as the weather dries a little. Me and cold weather are not good friends, so the playing will be limited to the nice days. More than likely it will be very slow this winter. I have a lot of projects to do in the shop "in the warm" while it is cold out.
The Barn is in the bottoms, but very defendable. Just in case. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts