Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a 'hit or miss" kind of woodworker for many years. I've just within the last few years started to buy tools and get serious about results. I'm having a blast!

My husband and I just moved into a home south of Manvel, Texas and we built a new garage/workshop. Right now it's a mess and not organized but I'm working on it. We just finished building a lumber cart so I can get everything up off the concrete floor. I've attached some pictures. I got the plan from Woodworker's Journal and it wasn't as hard as I expected. Of course the cat helped out with quality control.

I'm looking forward to learning from all the members who have more experience than me. Being self taught, I know I have a lot to learn.

Brenda

Attachments

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Welcome-- from my neck of the great state.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: TXBDL

·
Registered
7 Posts
LOL, Well dip me in frog fat and fry me to a golden brown. New "old guy" here from Dayton( just down the road from Cleveland) lived in Channelview and also lived in Alvin, and for a time lived in Weirton W Va. As my dad would say " ain't that somethin"?
Not as skilled as most folks on here but I'm workin on that. I enjoy building things for my kids and friends. Might try my hand at turning blanks for pens some day as I have a good bit of jatoba sticks about 6 ft. long.
Next project on my list is a coffee table/blanket storage box for my daughter.
I think I'm gonna like it here. Hope you folks don't mind if I ask for help now and then as I do enjoy working with wood. JT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
LOL, Well dip me in frog fat and fry me to a golden brown. New "old guy" here from Dayton( just down the road from Cleveland) lived in Channelview and also lived in Alvin
We just moved from Alvin this past July. The big move was 13 miles west towards Hwy. 288. Go big, right? But it gave me room to put up a new work shop/garage :thumbsup:

I've enjoyed the heck out of this forum. (I tend to lurk and not post) I'm sure you'll find lots of good info and leads; I know I have.

My next project is a cart for my dust collection system. My shop is made from sheet metal and that presents a problem in organizing. I can hang things from the walls but I would rather not if possible. My last shop was a garage with sheet rock walls....I will post pictures of my layout after I unpack the last few boxes we dropped in the front. Right now it is a semi-huge mess. It's getting better every day. The lumber cart is awesome! It holds a boat load of wood I've been saving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts