Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Thought I would introduce myself. My name is Mark and I live in the UK and love working with wood. I like turning and cabinetry especially.

Always trying to get better at it too. Bear with me as I translate things from you to me and vice versa.

M

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hi,

Thought I would introduce myself. My name is Mark and I live in the UK and love working with wood. I like turning and cabinetry especially.

Always trying to get better at it too. Bear with me as I translate things from you to me and vice versa.

M

Welcome to the woodworking forum. I am called Handy. For me it's easy name to live up to. I am in USA Louisiana.

This is a great place to learn new things. There is a lot of talent on this forum.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Mark,
Welcome. You'll enjoy this site. Just make sure you speak English here. Sometimes you guys talk funny. LOL
Miike Hawkins

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey Mark:

I am pretty new here, so welcome from another new guy.

My family used to own a home in Hampshire so I spent some time in your area.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mark:

Welcome to the other side of the pond. I'm a Canadian, so I'm a bit of a minority around here as well - can't say that it's made any difference. The folks here are courteous and welcoming - even if they don't spell the Queen's English quite properly!

I've never been to your fair land, but I've served with many of your service lads in various places around the world - salt of the earth, all of them - just as the American servicemen I've fought with were.

I look forward to reading your posts - there are some things you folks over there do differently (short fences, GOOD combo machines, and so on) than us here in North America. Always nice to have a different perspective.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Mark, blue shield. Ha ha, get it??? K, sorry. Yeah, I love meeting people from the British Isles because I love their accents! I am glad you are here.

Cheerio!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome aboard. This is a GREAT place to be a member of, and I'm happy as all hell that I joined the forum. The people here are very kind and a great resource for all of us. I do have to admit though, that the only Portsmouth I knew of was in New Hampshire were we have a naval base. :) Still, the UK is a beautiful place and a country I hope to visit once more before I pass away.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks everyone,

Portsmouth is a great place and is also home to the British Navy.

Keep making the shavings

Mark

1 - 10 of 10 Posts