Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good day

OK, so you have members from all over the glob and I would like to add another "Gayjin" (Japanese - foreigner), from Poland.

My name is niki and I live in Poland already 3 years but before, I lived in Israel and Japan.
In a week or so I'll turn 36...well, 63...I'm retired and have all the time in the world for my hobby - woodworking.

I got the "bug" some 13 years ago while in Japan and the doctors said that there is no cure for it...so, I'm suffering quitely...(or more correct, enjoying loudly).

Obviously, I will not participate in many subjects, mainly, because the Table saws in Europe are not called "Grizzly" and we don't have the BORG, HD, HF and so on but, I'll try to share with you the little that I have and that is mainly, jigs that I made because "Necessity - the mother of invention"...we just don't have them here...ok, it's also love to make them.

Now how come that Cabinetman and Joe Lyddon find the good forums before me...

Best Regards
niki

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,677 Posts
Konnichiwa niki.
Glad you found us. Having lived there I am sure you know Gaijin has a not-so flattering conotation to go along with its definition. :shifty: Not as bad as fundoshi though! :laughing:

I lived in Atsugi 3 years as a navy brat. Just the perfect age to soak in the language like a sponge. :blink:

Poland sounds interesting. Is their an air of opportunity there still or has it sort of run its course?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you

Konnichiwa TexasTimber
Gayjin has some bad connotation but on the other hand, the young generation is trying (very hard) to "copy" those "Gayjins" especially the American stile, and they "copy" even better than the original...

Now, that Poland joined the EU there are many foreign investors...actually, everything here is "For sale", the telephone company, banks and even the national insurance is shared with foreign companies.

But still, you can see and feel the traces of the 45 years under "Mama Russia"... it takes a few generations to change mentality...

niki

·
Old School
24,027 Posts
Hey Niki in Poland from cabinetman in sunny (and rainy) Florida. Yeah, ya gotta keep up. Joe and I were out one day having a beer and stopped into this place. Had too many and forgot to tell ya 'bout it. But, you made it and that's what counts. I don't think there are too many forums left for us.:smile::smile:

·
Registered
45 Posts
a short hop from the Router Workshop

Hi Niki glad to see you made it here too. We all take in all the woodworking knowledge we can and there is plenty on the Web. You are quite an inventor. Catch you later.

seawolf21

Gary

Attachments

·
Registered
757 Posts
Welcome, great to have you Niki!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts