Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I am Lee and are just starting out with woodworking, had to start a new hobby at 43 one that is not stressful i hope. I have read some posts on here and this is a good forum to learn from and a lot of good people on here:yes:

·
7,222 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the hobby. :thumbsup:

We have a number of fellow Australian members. At least one, DaveTTC is from Jerilderie, NSW.

Don't be shy about asking questions, or about posting pictures. We love to see pictures, projects, tools, even scenery.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Welcome Aboard

Attachments

Reactions: Bobb11

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Welcome Lee!

This is the best forum on the best hobby.

No need to stress!

Your hobby, your shop, your timetable and your favorite music.

What's there to stress about?

;)

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Laughing!!!

AC/DC huh?

You guys have better concentration than I do!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Welcome from NH... This is a great site. Don't stress, make sawdust and chips and enjoy. A few pointers...

Start with simple projects for your workshop like a workbench and a few storage shelves and work stations. Build these with simple joinery and learn while building functional items.

Expect to make mistakes. Experienced woodworkers make mistakes but have the know how to hide them. Don't stress and be kind to yourself.

Don't throw out your cut offs... use them to practice joinery.

Know your tools and the wood and you will have fun.

·
Turning Wood Into Art
4,043 Posts
G'day Bob.

Dave told me there was a new Aussie in town. Welcome aboard. Did you go to the Sydney Timber and Working With Wood Show.

The shows are always a good place to start. The Canberra one finished on Sunday and there is one in Melbourne in October.

Hope to see you around.

I am having a wood workers weekend in Jerilderie on Australia Day weekend if you are interested.

Regards

Dave

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Glad to see you here on this thread... always good to see you Dave! Hope you bump into lots of WWT folks in your "neck of the woods" as we like to say here in NH, USA

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.