Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm from Newfoundland, Canada. I've only been doing this for about a year so I'm just a greenhorn but am hoping to gain as much knowledge as possible from the experts. I learned awhile ago that there was a need for a finishing shop in my area so I proceeded with opening one up. It's just a small shop out of my garage with a spray booth, dry room, and the rest of my garage where I do my sanding. Just my wife and I work out of it. It's not my full time job, but it certainly takes up most of my days off. I mostly do full sets of stairs for local companies who install them but have also done a few other things. My work turns out pretty good, but every job I am learning something new, making new mistakes, and learning how to make things easier. I am looking forward to learning from as many people as possible to make my work as good as it can be.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great you can make a few bucks. So far I have not had many paying jobs but I save a lot of money doing repairs on my own house that's over 100 years old.

My Mother-in-law was from the rock. Wife wants to go back; at least for a visit. There are lots of relatives there.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great you can make a few bucks. So far I have not had many paying jobs but I save a lot of money doing repairs on my own house that's over 100 years old.

My Mother-in-law was from the rock. Wife wants to go back; at least for a visit. There are lots of relatives there.
There's one of us Newfies on every corner of the earth. lol. You definitely would not be dissapointed with a visit here. Great place. Lots to see.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.