Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm Mark. New to the forums... new to wood. It all started with a Dremel... I promised to build a custom computer with a modified case for my father-in-law... then I found a video online that told me to use a bandsaw to cut the acrylic... so I bought a bandsaw.... once I had a Dremel and a bandsaw, I decided to hang a projector from the celing but because of the way my joists are arranged, I needed to make a cross-brace and so I HAD to have a drillpress... see the snowball coming? Now I decided to try my hand at woodworking... so far all I've built are a scarf holder for my better half and a step stool for getting into and out of the tub... one of these days I'll figure out how to glue straight :).

Anyhow, hope to learn a lot and as I learn, help those who come after.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome Mark

I too started with a Dremel. For me it was to do gunsmithing. One thing led to 10 and 40 years later I've got a ton of money tied up in woodworking tools. It's fun and it affords me something to look forward to during retirement. Side benefit is as your skill improves, you won't have to pay those high furniture prices.
Let the snowball grow.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Welcome from Texas !!!

Welcome to the forum.

The Woodworking Bug. AIN' IT GREAT !!!!!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts