Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I am new to this site so figured I would post here before anything else.
As the name says, Im kinda a newbie. By that, I mean I am no stranger to working with wood, but its always been rough work (framing, decks, etc) or repairs. So, while Im 100% comfortable with all the tools in my garage: table/miter/radial arm/hand saws, router, chisels, planes, jointer, sanding, lathe, etc. (currently hunting for a band saw and surface planer), I lack the experience for finer work. As an example, I am planning a jewelry box and shadow box picture frame.

I'll be posting some questions specific to the box as I move along, and hopefully some of my experience can be of some help to others as well.

· Premium Member
Cabinetmaker
245 Posts
Welcome aboard!
By all means, share your experiences. And, don't forget to send photos of your shop and creations.

· Registered
1,649 Posts
Hi. I am new to this site so figured I would post here before anything else.
As the name says, Im kinda a newbie. By that, I mean I am no stranger to working with wood, but its always been rough work (framing, decks, etc) or repairs. So, while Im 100% comfortable with all the tools in my garage: table/miter/radial arm/hand saws, router, chisels, planes, jointer, sanding, lathe, etc. (currently hunting for a band saw and surface planer), I lack the experience for finer work. As an example, I am planning a jewelry box and shadow box picture frame.

I'll be posting some questions specific to the box as I move along, and hopefully some of my experience can be of some help to others as well.
Welcome

1 - 6 of 6 Posts