Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm an amateur turner from Oxfordshire in the UK. I have been turning since April this year. I still have lots to learn.
I am a dolls house enthusiast and make mostly 12th scale miniatures. I have made a few full-sized pieces but miniatures is where I am comfortable. :icon_smile:

Fiona

·
Registered
754 Posts
Great to have you here. Welcome to the site.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Hey, I looked in your gallery...nice stuff, very nice. There are a couple trouble makers you have to watch out for here, the guy who has already poked fun at me and the other guy who is a trouble maker is me :laughing: (and one Canadian)

I saw some of your little turnings before you posted your introduction, I see you have added more :thumbsup:.
Welcome and post more pictures when you have time. There are some other mini turners here, maybe they will chime in too.

I see you have some youtube videos of you turning miniatures, when I have the time I am going to sit and watch them all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Nathan, Daren.

The videos are quite long, broadband is recommended to view them.
I made them because some of the dolls house collectors didn't have a clue how mini turnings were made. These just give them an idea of what goes into making their miniatures.
If you watch them please be gentle with me, I am self taught and still an amateur. You will probably laugh at some of my techniques!

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
You will probably laugh at some of my techniques!
I have yet to watch the turning videos, I did watch the one with the slideshow of finished pieces...I dare anyone to laugh at your technique, the end result speaks for itself, very pretty.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts