Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post here...just found this forum.

A short intro...

I've been doing woodworking on and off for quite a while...mostly the last 5 or so years. I still have a whole lot to learn!

Latest fancy is trying to build a CNC router, but it is still too early in the process to see if i am going to be successful or not<g>.

Pseudo retired in Columbia, SC after 40 (very long) years of software development and related jobs.

Thanks for having me here!

Skip

·
Registered
23 Posts
First post here...just found this forum.

A short intro...

I've been doing woodworking on and off for quite a while...mostly the last 5 or so years. I still have a whole lot to learn!

Latest fancy is trying to build a CNC router, but it is still too early in the process to see if i am going to be successful or not<g>.

Pseudo retired in Columbia, SC after 40 (very long) years of software development and related jobs.

Thanks for having me here!

Skip
from me Skip you are very welcome, a good lot of people here. Not long here myself but i love it. Jemmy.:wheelchair: :rockon:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
is it y'all or ya'll....my South City wife and I argue this all the time.

after 40 years in software you deserve to have some fun.

I think that "y'all" is the singular and "all y'all" is plural. but i have seen it both ways...y'all and ya'll. I think that both in the south are correct!

Hey...we are layed back here...it don't really matter<g>

Skip

·
Registered
266 Posts
Not to distract from Skips intro, but here in Texas it's Ya'll.:no: :no: :no:
You in Texas have the apostrophe in the wrong place.:no:

Y'all is short for You all, and the apostrophe goes where the omitted letters were. So it's Y'all. :yes:

Now that we've had our English lesson for today, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

And welcome, Skip, to the playhouse.

Nancy (39 days)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You in Texas have the apostrophe in the wrong place.:no:

Y'all is short for You all, and the apostrophe goes where the omitted letters were. So it's Y'all. :yes:

Now that we've had our English lesson for today, back to your regularly scheduled programming.

And welcome, Skip, to the playhouse.

Nancy (39 days)

:blink: But Nancy, you have to remember that in Texas, we don't do things like everyone else. :laughing: :cowboy:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.