Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a mock-up of the design as I am waiting for supply's
the wiring and wood work -
its interesting to me and I am sharing it if any of you are into this type of thing.
paintbrush print easy. its high voltage and likely self generating
this is just a mock-up...
Creative arts Font Art Jewellery Circle
Food Tableware Cake decorating Dishware Ingredient
Wheel Font Circle Auto part Bicycle part

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its a self generating water capacitor for creating electricity - with luck.
Product Cosmetics Wood Material property Office supplies
Product Cosmetics Wood Material property Office supplies

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems my fishing string thread is the wrong way .. everything rotates to the left..
Jewellery Eyelash Wood Cuisine Metal

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Yeah, well, a Tesla Coil generates current arc displays when large amounts of voltage are applied to it. It doesn't generate it's own electrical energy.
I am definitely NOT understanding how this contraption is supposed to "self generate" any energy.

But, I AM interested in seeing how this project turns out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As i am learning, its about stretching low voltage back to the starting point. its not a tesla coil. its motion to keep it moving. push-pull slowing it down.
I have my wire to build a few of them of different sizes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Still thinking about dissimilar metals with a plastic sheet and a jewel thief to power it so the kick back voltage will not explode like a battery may.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I'm interested. I'm doubtful, since I don't know what your goal is. There's no such thing as "free" energy. If your system is going to "make" electricity, it will need to expend some other type of energy.
Examples:
Automotive alternators use mechanical energy from the engine to spin a magnetic field to generate current in coils of wire.
Water pressure in hydro-electric systems or coal fired furnaces creating high pressure steam to spin turbine driven magnetic fields past coils for household electricity.
Photovoltaic cells for solar to electric etc., etc.

I don't understand what power source you're going to use to create the electrical current.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It may be better to understand the primary wire to the 2nd in a common tesla coil
Ingredient Cuisine Tableware Dish Dishware
and then study this type of coil using the figure 8 , this is not a tesla coil its more like a voltage slow down making stop and start point with the 37 primary's. its not a free energy device. its about keeping motion within the system.
dissimilar metals voltage - galvanic erosion low voltage.. - a jewel thief wiring configuration. its a lot to learn.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Again, you're descriptions are less than enlightening. Primary and secondary coils ... essentially a transformer. As an example, an engine's ignition coil. For every large diameter primary winding, there can be 100 (much smaller diameter) secondary windings. This allows electrical current to create a large magnetic field which then induces large voltage in the secondary coil, at a greatly reduced current capacity. Trading current energy (flow) for increased voltage (push) to jump the air gap of the plug.
A few primary and secondary windings won't accomplish what I believe you think it will.
Dissimilar metals and galvanic electrolysis create extremely small amounts of wattage.
A joule thief circuit doesn't create more voltage for free. It uses low current amperage to boost voltage.

As I've said in each of my posts, I am truly curious to the final construction and what it will do. So far, I'm a bit baffled at what you are attempting, since you've spoken of water and circuits and motion ... but you DO have my interest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seems to me you clearly understand most of it.
its a few days work if you have the supply's

the 3rd coil assembly firing into a water capacitor
best way I can think to say it is slowly accumulating low voltage.
not a free thing..just a pulling low voltage to high state.. sort of.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts