Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I should start my intro by saying I know little to nothing about woodwork but I recently became interested in it so I decided to join a forum in the hope to learn more about it.

I'm not sure what else I should say here so yeah.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Welcome Woody2shoes to a great site.

Don't know what to say? I get it - you're new to the forum and woodworking... but do you have any tools? Did you take shop in HS? Do you live in an apartment or do you have a home and a workshop...? Kind of hard to give you pointers except welcome and hope to see around here.

·
where's my table saw?
28,591 Posts
welcome

Hey there, I should start my intro by saying I know little to nothing about woodwork but I recently became interested in it so I decided to join a forum in the hope to learn more about it.

I'm not sure what else I should say here so yeah.
With a user name like that, you better be wearing wooden shoes. If not you should make that your first project.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BernieL said:
Welcome Woody2shoes to a great site. Don't know what to say? I get it - you're new to the forum and woodworking... but do you have any tools? Did you take shop in HS? Do you live in an apartment or do you have a home and a workshop...? Kind of hard to give you pointers except welcome and hope to see around here.
Haha, I have all of my dad's old tools, I'm not sure what half of them are called though. I'm actually still in high school and they don offer woodwork (which is really ****ty) I have a home and I plan on start a workshop as soon as I'm done with my examinations. Thanks for the warm welcome :)

woodnthings said:
With a user name like that, you better be wearing wooden shoes. If not you should make that your first project. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt5BLJhiMO0
I seriously think I'm gonna give this a try, thanks

·
Registered
834 Posts
Welcome!

·
Making sawdust in MS
4,000 Posts
Welcome. Once you start, you'll be hooked. Woodworking can really become a passion. Some on here make a living at it. Some like me, are hobbyists. Good luck, and be sure to post pics.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts