Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lol...ok name needs a little work, not sure what to call it. Just finished it here are a couple pics. This is a ripoff of the habicat design only I used good wood, oak good in/outdoor carpet rubber backed. Did my special accidental finishing technique...:eek:...:laughing:..made the grain really pop out. Put four coats of wipe on poly. The pic on the floor will give you perspective of size, don't know if I'll use oak again .. man this thing is heavy, I would be a bit nervous hanging on the wall. The other one I did used choice pine and the rails were two inch vs four on this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, here a picture of the collage I used for the canvas hanging below the walkway in the first post (background of my project) Shows all the kitties, left side is mom & dad, top right my with all the kitties. Dad was the next door neighbors, and was running free after they past away, so we decided to take him in, but not before he brought his girl friend home (a stray) so we took her in too, not realizing she was knocked up...:laughing:...was going to give them away, but we got attached before we could, no chance now, but they are all fixed now, including the kiddies, so that ain't happening again. they are all about 3 yrs old now. Goldie the one in the bottom right is a handful for sure, you knew from the baby pic he was going to be..lol..another canvas I had made. Those walkways and floating platforms are super easy to make, let me know if want more info on them....

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Those are some spoiled kitties ;-)
:laughing:....:laughing:.....:laughing:.....You have no idea, I made this for them a pvc fence with deer netting so the little furballs could go outside because I felt guilty sitting on the patio with the dog and watching them in the window...lol...they come and go at will because I put a doggy door in, I built that cat house too. Sometimes when I am in the shop, I leave the door open and they come to visit, until I turn a saw on, they don't hang around for that...lol...first pic show the shop, left of the door garage, right side workshop. But I will say if you have a few cats, this outdoor thing is great, because you will save big time on kittie litter, they prefer using the sand box outside to inside boxes, and a few 50 lbs bags of sand every few months sure beats the hell out buying kittie litter every week.

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
That is one beautifully kept yard, and some lucky animals.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts