Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just discovered this forum. Have been hobby wood working for a while, doing some furniture & other flat work and now enjoy turning.
Live in Bristol, TN (about 5 miles from the race track) and pastor a church in Bristol, VA. Need or want to talk, PM me w/ your phone # & I'll get wtih you.
Grew up in the mountains but love the ocean.
Navy vet (75-81) from the west coast.
Married for 35 years to HS sweetheart.
2 sons and 1 g-son.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am Southern Baptist and have been pastoring for almost 20 years. Just finished 14 at this church. And I don't discuss religion on an open forum but am glad to answer questions or help privately.
Daren, I know the exact number of sinners we have on this forum and it is not a few. :no:
Anyhow, looking forward to getting to know some of you over the next few months.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hello,

Just discovered this forum. Have been hobby wood working for a while, doing some furniture & other flat work and now enjoy turning.
Live in Bristol, TN (about 5 miles from the race track) and pastor a church in Bristol, VA. Need or want to talk, PM me w/ your phone # & I'll get wtih you.
Grew up in the mountains but love the ocean.
Navy vet (75-81) from the west coast.
Married for 35 years to HS sweetheart.
2 sons and 1 g-son.
Just a quick question, were you born in 1952? My dad was born in 1952 and think thats just kinda funny.

oh & and btw, joasis, i totally understand what your saying abou tthe other forums:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The other forums are exactly why I choose not to discuss my beliefs in a non-religious forum. It is also why I am extremely selective in even those forums.
Joasis, I understand "holding the fort". because faith is personal it becomes emotional VERY QUICKLY.
Steve, what church does your Dad pastor & where is it located?
AND EXACTLY WHAT IS SO FUNNY ABOUT YOUR DAD AND I BEING THE SAME AGE??????;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.