Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just discovered this forum. Have been hobby wood working for a while, doing some furniture & other flat work and now enjoy turning.
Live in Bristol, TN (about 5 miles from the race track) and pastor a church in Bristol, VA. Need or want to talk, PM me w/ your phone # & I'll get wtih you.
Grew up in the mountains but love the ocean.
Navy vet (75-81) from the west coast.
Married for 35 years to HS sweetheart.
2 sons and 1 g-son.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Welcome Bill. Seems we have a couple pastors here now, good, we have a few sinners too ;). Everyone is welcome.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am Southern Baptist and have been pastoring for almost 20 years. Just finished 14 at this church. And I don't discuss religion on an open forum but am glad to answer questions or help privately.
Daren, I know the exact number of sinners we have on this forum and it is not a few. :no:
Anyhow, looking forward to getting to know some of you over the next few months.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Welcome Pastor,
My dad has been pastoring our church for 18 years.
eh, maybe we could start a topic on religion:icon_smile:

Steve

·
Registered
789 Posts
We have enough problems on contractor talk with the politics and religion forum. This one will stay exclusively for woodworking.....and of course, it will be the best site because of our members.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Hello,

Just discovered this forum. Have been hobby wood working for a while, doing some furniture & other flat work and now enjoy turning.
Live in Bristol, TN (about 5 miles from the race track) and pastor a church in Bristol, VA. Need or want to talk, PM me w/ your phone # & I'll get wtih you.
Grew up in the mountains but love the ocean.
Navy vet (75-81) from the west coast.
Married for 35 years to HS sweetheart.
2 sons and 1 g-son.
Just a quick question, were you born in 1952? My dad was born in 1952 and think thats just kinda funny.

oh & and btw, joasis, i totally understand what your saying abou tthe other forums:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The other forums are exactly why I choose not to discuss my beliefs in a non-religious forum. It is also why I am extremely selective in even those forums.
Joasis, I understand "holding the fort". because faith is personal it becomes emotional VERY QUICKLY.
Steve, what church does your Dad pastor & where is it located?
AND EXACTLY WHAT IS SO FUNNY ABOUT YOUR DAD AND I BEING THE SAME AGE??????;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts