Woodworking Talk banner

Help

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  bostonwindows 
#1 ·
I have got alot of power tools for my hobby and have a small shop in my one car garage, it's getting very tight in there and want to move some machine outside and put a roof over the tools.. Will this rust it's a radial saw and chop saw with table the table is made out of pt wood so that should be okay buy I am worried about everything getting rusted?????

#4 ·
+1 with Bill, storing tools outside is going to quickly result in rust.

Several threads on this forum about folks having high humidity in their shops and how to prevent rust.

There are things you can do to attempt to prevent, such as Johnson's wax, WD-40, Boeshield T9 etc. but it is really difficult to protect all the inner workings.

My shop is a two car garage which I share with my tractor, snow blower, portable generator, etc.

My wife complains about the cars being outside, but they are the best designed to withstand the elements.

I can recommend having the tools on mobile carts, etc. so that you can move them out if you want to work outside in good weather, or to move outside so you can work on the car.

#11 ·
Hey bostonwindows... hate to say this, but you got a problem. I'm a New Englandaer (NH) and I'm living this heat with you (60 miles NW from you, just above Townsend). Whether you leave your tools in or out makes no difference here in NE. Our HHH will affect the tools. Be patient and learn to deal with your ... you already got some good advice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.