Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
based on what you've presented, i've no idea what you are attempting to do. perhaps if your idea were fleshed out a bit more, assistance might be possible.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a diagram of a project I am working on, but there cuts as shown is showing me a angle cut with a 2x6 laying flat??? The only way to make a cut like this is too stand the piece up on the 2" side which might be dangerous...

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
See what I am asking a skill saw can do, but it's asking for more specific cuts. My skill saw can do it, is there a saw that angles like a skill saw????

·
where's my table saw?
27,895 Posts
looks like a simple bevel to me

I'm not sure what angle .... maybe about 30 degrees? Don't forget when mitering, on a miter saw you subtract the needed angle from 90 degrees to set your saw angle. When beveling, tilt the blade over to 30 degrees on the bevel scale, usually on the rear of the saw.

http://www.ehow.com/video_8125920_make-bevel-cut-miter-saw.html

·
Old School
24,027 Posts
If you are using a sliding compound miter saw it can be set up with just setting the saw to a bevel, and then you can crosscut it laying down flat. If you are using a compound miter saw (chop saw), you may not have enough height between the table and the blade to stand the piece up.

You could cut the angle flat using a handheld circular saw with the bevel set, and a crosscut guide. You may want to clamp the piece down.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cabinet man thanks, I guess the only way to do this is with a circular saw, which is okay, but just wanted to see if there was something out there that would do what I want it to do like a chop saw...

·
where's my table saw?
27,895 Posts

·
Old School
24,027 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Il feel like an idiot lol thanks gouts I do have this in my saw I watched the video never used it like this before, thanks for the video.. Problem solved, ( rookie lol)

·
where's my table saw?
27,895 Posts
I read all the posts...

.... including my own and post no. 11. It was a simple bevel cut on a 2" x 6". "Problem solved."

Did you read post #7? A miter saw that's not a sliding miter saw may not have the length of cut with just a down stroke, or enough height under the blade to stand the piece up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts