Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody id this machine? There is a faded tag on the front from which I've gotten some info. A web search hasn't done me much good.
National Industrial Tools
Model IP-15 (15” Planer)
Product Number 190415
Serial # 40640
It works but the thickness of the result is greater on one edge than the other. I assume there must be a way to adjust that but...

Also, I'm unsure what the knob is on the right. You can push it in and out as if to engage/disengage some function. I've only run it in the "out" position, and am scared to do otherwise.

I guess it is ID'd well enough above but I am looking for help with it. A manual would be amazing!

Thanks, all!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I think the knob on right adjusts the speed of rollers. Mine-delta is only supposed to be shifted while running.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
>Dave Paine: Great lead! But I asked and the seller has no manual. :-(
>Joeb41 I ran across this same ad. I talked to them and they sent me a pdf photocopied manual. The print was barely readable and the pictures were worthless. I may ask for a redo on that.
>Mike1950 In the manual referenced above I learned that that knob cuts the infeed and outfeed powered rollers in or out. I'm not clear as to why one would want to change that setting though.
Basically, I am trying to figure out how to get the unit to cut an even thickness from one edge of a board to the other. I also am going to have to figure out how to set and adjust knives, as these look like they need to be sharpened...
Thanks, guys! I appreciate this forum!!

·
Scotty D
4,478 Posts
Basically, I am trying to figure out how to get the unit to cut an even thickness from one edge of a board to the other. I also am going to have to figure out how to set and adjust knives, as these look like they need to be sharpened...

It may be that the knives are installed incorrectly.

I would remove/sharpen/replace them before trying anything else. :smile:

·
Registered
1 Posts
This exact same planer was left behind by the previous owners of my house. I was wondering if you had any luck locating a manual? If so could you please point me in the right direction?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can anybody id this machine? There is a faded tag on the front from which I've gotten some info. A web search hasn't done me much good.
National Industrial Tools​
Model IP-15 (15” Planer)​
Product Number 190415​
Serial # 40640​
It works but the thickness of the result is greater on one edge than the other. I assume there must be a way to adjust that but...

Also, I'm unsure what the knob is on the right. You can push it in and out as if to engage/disengage some function. I've only run it in the "out" position, and am scared to do otherwise.

I guess it is ID'd well enough above but I am looking for help with it. A manual would be amazing!

Thanks, all!
Hey guys i just picked one of these upas well it appeares its made by transpower and in taiwan i paid 200 bucks for it hope it was worth it ill send u a picture

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys i just picked one of these upas well it appeares its made by transpower and in taiwan i paid 200 bucks for it hope it was worth it ill send u a picture
National Industrial Tools​
Model IP-15 (15” Planer)​
Product Number 190415​
Serial # 40640​

Thanks, all!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.