Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,
I recently picked up an older Metabo 450 duo from a local school for free! I had to replace the backer pad and the fan as well as the brushes. It turns on and spins (speed control works fine) but when I set the unit down it seems to "stall out." It stops spinning and the motor hums no orbiting. seems like it has very little power when met with any resistance. The bearings seem fine. Anyone know what may be going on?
Would love to get this beast running!
Thanks,

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Remove the pad. There may be an O-ring type drive belt that is broken or missing. I'm not familiar with that sander but some have an eccentric device instead of a drive belt, both are under the pad. If a user pushes down hard when using the sander, these parts wear quickly.

·
Registered
4,232 Posts
Remove the pad. There may be an O-ring type drive belt that is broken or missing. I'm not familiar with that sander but some have an eccentric device instead of a drive belt, both are under the pad. If a user pushes down hard when using the sander, these parts wear quickly.
If school kids used the sander, I can almost guaranteed the kids pushed down hard on it. It's just what they do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.